Red Jacket Fire Station: Christmas Tree Ornament
The Red Jacket Fire Station was built in 1898 and is constructed of Lake Superior Sandstone. Although this building was stabilized, its appearance is not altered. In 1964 the fire department was transferred to its new headquarters in the Town Hall. Today the old fire station serves as The Upper Peninsula Fire Fighters Memorial Museum. It is open to the public during the summer season.
Each ornament sculpture is framed within a circular laurel wreath that measures 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The entire ornament measures 31/2 x 31/2 inches. A metal hook is attached to the top through which a ribbon is threaded. The ornament includes a stand that is suitable for display. It is eloquently packaged in a black velvet lined 4 ¼ inch square box. This and subsequent ornaments are “must haves” for those who love the beautiful historic buildings of downtown Calumet.